Perms (Permutations) Betting
What does Perms Betting mean in betting?
Betting Permutations or as they are more commonly known, ‘Perm’ or ‘Perms’ is not a single bet as such but a group of bets that consist of three selections and these three selections generating from 4 all the way up to 15 bets giving you more ways to win.
However if your three selections as a treble would usually cost you a £1 bet stake, that is multiplied by the amount of bets that the chosen betting permutation consist of, for example it would be 4x higher if you chose a trixie bet.
What is a Perm bet?
When it comes to betting permutations, there are four different ones to choose from and these are as follows:
- A patent bet – this is made up of three selections and consists of three singles, three doubles and a treble. In total that is seven different bets so the stake would be 7x higher.
- A trixie bet – there are four bets in total in this permutation, with these being three doubles and a treble.
- Lucky 15 – as the name hints at there are 15 different bets in this. There are a total of four singles, six doubles, four trebles and a four-fold accumulator.
- Yankee bet – this is the only permutation that consists of four selections and is made up of 6 doubles, 4 trebles and a four-fold accumulator.
In the group of Lucky Bets there is also:-
- Lucky 31 – there a total of 31 bets in this permutation with these being 5 singles, 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 four folds and a five-fold accumulator.
- Lucky 63 – there are 63 bets in this permutation; 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, 6 five-folds and a six fold accumulator.
Perm Bet Example
To demonstrate what perm bets are we are going to look at two different perm bets, that of a trixie and that of a Lucky 15. For both of these we are going to use the football teams Celtic, Rangers, Everton and Liverpool as the selections.
Lucky 15: The four singles in this bet would be Everton to Win, Liverpool to Win, Celtic to Win, Rangers to Win, the doubles would be Liverpool/Everton, Liverpool/Celtic, Liverpool/Rangers, Everton/Rangers, Everton/Celtic, Celtic/Rangers, the trebles would be Liverpool/Celtic/Rangers, Everton/Celtic/Rangers and Liverpool/Everton/Rangers. Finally the four-fold accumulator would be for all four of the selections to win.
Trixie: The three selections we are going to use for our trixie example are Liverpool, Rangers and Celtic. The three doubles in this bet would be Liverpool/Rangers, Liverpool/Celtic and Rangers Celtic/Rangers and the treble would be for all three selections to win.
How each way betting works on Perm Bets
You can indeed bet each way on perm bets and to show how this works we will use the example of a trixie. Now as there are 4 bets in a trixie if the initial bet value was £1 it would be £4 for a win trixie, this doubles to £8 if you were to do this each way. Typically this will be done on sports like Horse Racing, so if your horses were to place in the top 3 for example you’d receive a 5th of the odds back and that selection in your double or treble in your trixie will have landed.
Advantages of Permutation Betting
The main advantages of permutation betting is that not all of your selections have to win for you to get a return back on your stake. This may not be the return you had been hoping for but does insure you at least to recoup some of your money back.
This insurance on your bets and the chance to get at least some of your stake back does come at a bigger cost, for example in a trixie the total cost of the bet would be four times higher that of if you simply went to bet on a treble. The other advantage is that if all of your selections do come in you’ll get a much higher return on your stake than if the treble itself had come in.
AVOID UNTRUSTWORTHY & SCAMMY BOOKIES! Unfortunately not all betting operators can be trusted which is why we have provided in-depth reviews of the UK’s best betting sites for your betting pleasure!